Chicken Soupies for Ferrets
Homemade chicken soupies for ferrets. This is a delicious treat but can also be very useful for ferrets that are recovering from illness or surgery, malnourished ferrets that need to gain weight, ferrets with insulinoma that need to keep their blood sugar stable, and more.
Read more about why you should feed soupies:
Tools needed: pressure cooker, blender
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total: 55 minutes
- Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Water (1.5 cups per lb of chicken)
1. PrepAdd bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and water to pressure cooker.
2. CookCook for 45 minutes (3x longer than typical for poultry)
3. BlendRemove the bones. They should slide out easily. Then blend everything else (chicken, water, skin, fat) until smooth.
4. StorePour into small cups (or into an ice tray). Keep refrigerated and use or freeze within 3 days.
5. ServeThaw and reheat (in a microwave). After microwaving, add a small amount of water and stir with your finger. This is to prevent hot spots and to ensure that it is a liquid consistency. Enjoy!
Do not reproduce without permission
If this recipe was helpful to you, please consider making a donation ☺️
No comments yet.