Chicken Soupies for Ferrets
Create an account to hide ads!
Homemade chicken soupies for ferrets. This is a delicious treat but can also be very useful for ferrets that are recovering from illness or surgery, malnourished ferrets that need to gain weight, ferrets with insulinoma that need to keep their blood sugar stable, and more.
Read more about why you should feed soupies:
How to make soup for ferrets?
Soup, or "soupies", is basically any warm, liquid, meat-based food for ferrets. It can be given as a treat to healthy ferrets, but also has a ton of uses for sick ferrets, for example: A malnou... read more
Tools needed: pressure cooker, blender
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total: 55 minutes
- Bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Water (1.5 cups per lb of chicken)
1. PrepAdd bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and water to pressure cooker.
2. CookCook for 45 minutes (3x longer than typical for poultry)
3. BlendRemove the bones. They should slide out easily. Then blend everything else (chicken, water, skin, fat) until smooth.
4. StorePour into small cups. Keep refrigerated and use or freeze within 3 days.
5. ServeThaw and reheat (in a microwave). After microwaving, add a small amount of water and stir with your finger. This is to prevent hot spots and to ensure that it is a liquid consistency. Enjoy!
Do not reproduce without permission
If this recipe was helpful to you, please consider making a donation ☺️
Register or Login to join the discussion!
No comments yet.